Father and son die after eating butete

    261
    0
    SHARE
    SAN NARCISO, Zambales – A father and his youngest son was killed while her wife is in critical condition in a hospital after eating a poisonous Blow Fish or popularly known as butete, Sunday evening, police said.

    Sr. Supt. Rolando Felix, Zambales Police Provincial Office (ZPPO) director, identified the victims as Jimmy Santos, Sr., 55 and his eight year old son Jimmy, Jr., both residents of Purok 1-A, Barangay La Paz of this town.

    Santos wife, Arceña, 49, is still in critical condition at the San Marcelino District Hospital.

    Inspector Danilo Dollente, OIC-chief of San Narciso Police Station, said that the Santos family felt dizzy after eating butete around 10:00 p.m.

    Santos Sr. was rush to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival while his son Jr. was found dead inside their house.

    “Mangingisda ang hanapbuhay ng biktima at ayon doon sa aming imbestigasyon, nakaugaliaan na nilang kumain ng butete at may palagay kami maaring hindi lahat natanggal yung nakakalasong bahagi ng butete nang ito ay kanilang makain”, said Dollente.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here