Home Headlines P175-B bridge to connect Cavite, Bataan

P175-B bridge to connect Cavite, Bataan

1416
0
SHARE

BALANGA CITY — A 32.15-kilometer bridge to connect Cavite and Bataan crossing through Manila Bay was among the major projects pushed for constrution by the Regional Development Council (RDC) in Region III.

This was announced by Bataan Gov. Albert Garcia, RDC III chair, during the 16th Central Luzon RDC Third Full Council meeting held at the Bunker, seat of the provincial government, in Balanga City Wednesday.

Garcia said the amount approved by the cabinet committee of the National Economic and Development Authority for the project is P175.7 billion. About 60 percent will be sourced from foreign funding while the remaining 40 percent will be the national government’s counterpart.

The governor said the Bataan-Cavite Interlink Bridge will connect Mariveles, Bataan to Corregidor, and Naic, Cavite. It involves the construction of four-lane (2 lanes each direction) bridge starting from Barangay Alas-asin in Mariveles crossing Manila Bay and ending in Barangay Timalan, Naic.

Two navigation bridges, interchanges, land viaducts, turnaround facilities, special span bridge near Cavite coast, toll plaza and administration building will be constructed.

It aims to provide a fast-alternative route from Bataan to Cavite through Roman Highway in Bataan, Gapan– San Fernando–Olongapo Road, North Luzon Expressway and the congested streets of Metro Manila.

“It is expected to cut travel time between the two provinces from six hours to 45 minutes,” Garcia said. He said that the bridge is one of the projects included in the Build, Build, Build Program of the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte.

The project will be finished in six years or in 2026.

“Together let us work for a better Central Luzon towards a ‘matatag, maginhawa at mapanatag na buhay – ang ambisyon natin sa mamamayang Pilipino at Pilipinas,” Garcia concluded in his State of the Region Address Central Luzon.

Under RDC III are Bataan, Zambales, Pampanga, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac and Aurora.

Bulacan Gov. Daniel Fernando, Pampanga Gov. Dennis Pineda, representatives of the other governors, presidents of leagues of mayors and regional directors of line agencies in Region III attended the meeting.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here