SEND-OFF. “Balik Pinas, Balik Pampanga Program” chief implementer Angelina Blanco and provincial information office chief Joel Mapiles lead the send-off ceremony for three Kapampangan OFWsat the Capitol Sunday. Photo courtesy of LR/Pampanga PIO
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO – After a four-day quarantine, three repatriated Kapampangan overseas Filipino workers who tested negative from thecoronavirus disease were sent home Sunday, July 12.
The OFWs were among the batch that arrived in the country via Ninoy Aquino International Airport last week and were brought to the province through the “Balik Pinas, Balik Pampanga” program initiated by Gov. Dennis “Delta” Pineda.
A simple send-off ceremony for the OFWs was held at the Capitol grounds here presided by Angelina Blanco, one of the chief implementers of the program.
The OFWs received their Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) results yesterday, after undergoing mandatory quarantine at the New Clark City Athlete’s Village, a quarantine facility designated for Pampanga.
Blanco identified the OFWs as Kristina Manalansan from Lubao town, Julie Visda, and Vernon Vergara from this city.
She welcomed the OFWs and ensured the safe return of repatriates to their families and loved ones amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Our OFWs have sacrificed so much working abroad that’s why the least we can do is to help them go home safe back to their families. Governor Delta prioritizes the safety and security of our Kapampangan OFWs,” she said.
Manalansan, meanwhile, expressed her gratitude to Governor Pineda for looking after the welfare of the OFWs.
“Maswerte ang mga taga- Pampanga may ganitong programa ang governor which is talagang secure ka from the airport hanggang sa pag-uwi mo, walang magiging problema,” she shared.
Vergara also lauded the efforts extended by the provincial government for OFWs like them.
“Maraming-marami salamat po Governor Delta lalong-lalo na sa programang ito. Marami po itong natutulungang cabalen na OFW na nagsasakripisyo upang mag-trabaho sa ibang bansa,” he said.
Blanco meanwhile asked for the full cooperation and understanding of Kapampangan OFWs who wish to avail themselves of the program.
“Humihingi po kami ng pasensya sa mga cabalen nating gustong mag-apply. We need to follow the strict 10-day registration policy for our logistics and iba pang requirements na kailangan i–comply sa airport para po mapaghandaan natin ang inyong pagdating. Sana maintindihan niyo po ang stand ng provincial government,” she said.
To date, there are five Kapampangan repatriates who are still waiting for their test result at NCC. Another 24 OFWs who registered under the said program are expected to arrive next week. — Luisse Rutao/Pampanga PIO