BALANGA City, Bataan: Gov. Jose Enrique Garcia 3rd announced that the bomb threat on government offices and public elementary and secondary schools in Bataan that spread like wildfire Monday was found negative.
The governor said that upon rigid inspection by members of the Bataan Police Provincial Office, public schools and government offices in the province were declared safe.
“Maaari nang ipanatag ng ating mga kababayan ang kanilang kalooban kaugnay sa kumalat na bomb threat sa ating probinsya. Negatibo sa bomba ang resulta ng masusing pag-imbestiga ng mga kinauukulan sa mga pampublikong tanggapan at paaralan.” Garcia said.
Bataan schools division superintendent Carolina Violeta, provincial head of the Department of Education, announced the resumption Tuesday of classes in all public elementary and secondary schools.
She advised both learners, school principals and the teaching staff to be alert.
Violeta has directed the cancellation of afternoon classes Monday due to a bomb threat to protect learners and teachers.
Bataan police director Col. Palmer Tria has dispatched personnel of the Provincial Explosive and Canine Unit (PECU) and other police units for a thorough assessment of the situation. The Bataan police has taken the threat seriously to prevent harm and damage.
Abucay police chief Major Jonathan Mostoles immediately conferred and coordinated with DepEd upon learning of the bomb threat.
Members of the police bomb squad with the assistance of bomb sniffing dogs inspected boxes and different areas of the provincial office building of DepEd in Abucay.
The bomb squad also inspected and found safe The Bunker, seat of the provincial government in Balanga City, and schools in the province.
“Habang patuloy pa rin ang imbestigasyon upang matukoy kung sino ang nasa likod ng hoax bomb threat ay pinaaalalahanan pa rin natin ang lahat na mag-ingat. Maging alerto sa lahat ng pagkakataon at suriing mabuti ang mga nababasa online upang maiwasan ang pagpa-panic,” the governor said.
Garcia said that police has also clarified that the screenshot of an email coming from a certain Takahiro Karasawa who made the bomb scare has also circulated in other provinces and some countries last year and found to be a hoax.