Police urge witnesses in mall slay to come out

    484
    0
    SHARE
    CLARK FREEPORT — The Angeles City Police Office (ACPO) is encouraging witnesses to come out and provide additional information on the slaying of PO1 Jomar Batul last Christmas Eve at the parking lot of SM City Clark here.

    “I encourage witnesses to come out so that they can execute affidavits that can provide additional information,” Senior Supt. Sydney Villaflor, Angeles City police director, said.

    Possible witnesses have reportedly been giving information that Batul was initially seen around the Puregold area here where he allegedly tried to carnap a vehicle but was foiled.

    He then proceeded to the Berthaphil area where he was caught on CCTV at the Jollibee parking lot arguing with some people and allegedly pulling out a gun.

    Batul then reportedly crossed the street and commandeered a passing white L-300 van of the Mura Keni Catering Services. He allegedly told the driver at gunpoint to proceed to the main gate where he alighted and walked to the SM parking lot where he was eventually gunned down by pursuing security forces of the Clark Development Corp. (CDC).

    During the media forum “Talk Widus” organized by the Pampanga Press Club at the Widus Hotel and Casino here last Friday, Villaflor assured the protection and security of possible witnesses who can provide additional information on the case.

    Meanwhile, Villaflor said based on the request of Batul’s relatives, a joint investigation body was created composed of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

    He said last week, the NBI has summoned members of the CDC security personnel involved in the alleged gunfight while the security personnel of SM City Clark will be asked to appear this week.

    Villaflor said he cannot comment further until the investigation is wrapped up because there are still some aspects that needed to be threshed out.

    But he admitted that based on Batul’s autopsy report, he was shot from behind. “Unfortunately, may mga ibang tama coming from behind (Unfortunately, he has other gunshot wounds coming from behind),” he said.

    The NBI has conducted at least two reenactments of the alleged gunfight at the SM parking lot.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here