LIZA SOBERANO and Enrique Gil imagine what would have happened to their characters, Billie and Gabo, at the ending of their romance series, Make It With You.
The teleserye was cancelled after the pandemic halted productions and ABS-CBN continued to deal with its franchiserenewal problems.
During the Star Magic Love From Home fan session livestream last Saturday, July 4, 2020, a fan asked Liza and Enrique what they think happened to their characters, Billie and Gabo, respectively, at the end of the series.
Liza and Enrique—or LizQuen as fans call them by—agreed that the series would have ended with Billie and Gabo getting the simple life they had always wanted “Si Billie saka si Gabo, simple lang talaga silang tao,” Liza said during the Facebook Live session.
“Even though both of them are big dreamers, ang main goal lang naman nila is to live a simple life with their family.
“Iyon iyong ibibigay ko [na ending] sa kanila.
“Siguro nakatira na lang sila sa province and meron lang siguro sila isang bakery. Like, a family bakery that they pass down to generations.”
Enrique, for his part, saw his character Gabo giving up his corporate career to pursue a simpler, provincial life.
He said, “I think he’s willing to give that all away and just work on something that’s just enough, and something that will make him happy.”
Fans were downhearted when news of Make It With You’s cancellation made the rounds online on June 5, 2020.
Theodore Boborol, one of the directors of Make It With You, was among the first to address the fans. But the director did not provide a concrete reason as to why it was cancelled.
He only mentioned that the returning series at the time had “multiple episodes already in the can.”
Boborol added that the cancellation was “difficult for everyone,” especially since it happened during the pandemic and a month after ABS-CBN was asked to shut down by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC).
Ogie Diaz, Liza’s talent manager, consoled LizQuen and teased that there was another LizQuen teleserye in the works.
ABS-CBN singer Daryl Ong’s latest Instagram caption captures the attention of showbiz fans.
Is he a new talent of GMA-7? That is the hint that showbiz fans are getting from Daryl’s latest Instagram post.
The 33-year-old ABS-CBN singer uploaded a photo of himself in front of a colorful background.
His caption read: “Makulay ang buhay.” Daryl’s followers read this as a sign that he might be moving to the Kapuso network.
“Makulay ang buhay” is a lyric from the network’s popular theme song.
Regine Velasquez, who was still part of GMA-7 then, sang the station ID song.
Daryl began his singing career in ABS-CBN after becoming a semifinalist on the second season of The Voice Philippines in 2014.
He sang theme songs for several Kapamilya TV series: “Ikaw” for FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, “Ikaw Na Nga” for Bridges of Love, and “Stay” for On The Wings of Love.
On June 16, 2020, Daryl released a video on his YouTube channel explaining the reason why he had not been seen in ABS-CBN for a while.
He said that he and fellow singer Bugoy Drilon were allegedly banned from the network after their conversation about the franchise renewal of ABS-CBN was leaked to top management.
Daryl and Bugoy’s conversation was between them and a woman who “previously worked” with ABS-CBN.
A male, whom Daryl initially thought was an acquaintance of the woman, sat in the same table with them.
It was he who secretly recorded the conversation and leaked it to top management.
According to Daryl’s retelling in his vlog last June 16, the singer met Bugoy and their fellow singer Michael Pangilinan at the airport.
Bugoy and Michael were talking about stock investments when the former ABS-CBN employee cut in. Daryl pointed out that the tone of the woman’s voice sounded “medyo pasaracastic.”
She told them: “”Bakit di ka mag-invest sa ABS? Ayan o, bagsak yung presyo nila sa stocks dahil meron silang kinakaharap na krisis.’
“Dun nagsimula yung topic about franchise issue.”
During that time, there was a petition made by the National Union Journalists of The Philippines (NUJP) for the support of ABS-CBN franchise renewal. The goal was the gather “one million signatures.”
Daryl continued in his vlog: “Sabi ni Bugoy na, ‘60,000 na lang kulang para mabuo yung one million.’
“Ako naman, nakita ko rin yun. Ang pagkakakita ko naman, 60,000 pa lang yung nagsa-sign.
“Sabi ko kay Bugs, ‘Hindi 60,000 na lang. Sixty thousand pa lang. At anong petsa na?’”
Daryl understood that there was a deadline to follow and he felt it wasn’t possible to reach the goal of one million signatures with that current number.
Then The Voice alum said, “Tapos, nagdadag ako ng comment, ‘Naku, malabo na ‘yan. mahirap na ‘yan. Kalaban pa man din nila ang gobyerno. Si Presidente ba naman ang kalaban. So, malabo na ‘yan.’”
This exchange was said to be the reason why Daryl and Bugoy got banned from the network.
But a source reveals that Daryl wasn’t “totally banned” from ABS-CBN and claims there is “another side” to the story.