Today's Punto
Today's Punto
Headlines
AC dad sees Clark fi rm as solution to water crisis
By Ashley Manabat

Feb 13, 2018

ANGELES CITY – For its alleged failure to resolve the water crisis besetting two villages in the western part of this city, a city councilor here wants the Angeles City Water District (ACWD) to give up and allow a more reliable water utility provider to come in.

Councilor Jesus “Jay” Sangil urged the ACWD to give up and give way to Clark Water Corp. (CWC) to come in and immediately resolve the month-long suffering of around 20,000 residents of barangays Margot and Sapangbato here.

As this developed, the CWC adjusted its water supply to the villages from three hours to six hours at the instance of the city council. The usual 9 p.m. – 12 midnight has now been extended to 6 p.m. - 12 midnight.

Sangil said one logical solution is for ACWD to give the service to CWC to serve Margot and Sapangbato since the former is only buying bulk water from the latter.

“Mas practical po kasi bakod lang po ang pagitan ng dalawang barangay sa Clark kung saan nandiyan po ang main Clark water station (Because it’s more practical since only a fence separates the two villages from Clark where the main Clark water station is located),” Sangil said.

CWC is the water service provider of the 4,400-hectare Clark Freeport Zone.

“Umaasa lang po sa Clark water ang ACWD since the latter is only buying bulk water from the former at yun po ang binebenta o pinapasa nila sa mga residente ng Margot at Sapangbato. Mas mainam na deretso na lang ang pagsu supply ng tubig sa naturang barangays (ACWD is only getting its water supply from CWC since it is only buying bulk water from it and this is what they supply and sell to Margot and Sapangbato. It will be best if CWC will directly supply water to the two villages),” Sangil pointed out.

During the city council discussion last week, Sangil said ACWD general manager Reynaldo Liwanag promised to fix the water crisis in four months.

But that’s too long, Sangil said. “We cannot let our 20,000 constituents suffer for another four months,” he added.

“Dapat nag due diligence muna sila at in-anticipate ang sitwasyon (They should have done due diligence first and anticipated the situation). With the magnitude of the problem that hit the two barangays, hindi maiiwasan na mag isip ang ating mga kababayan na basta kumita lang wala nang malasakit (…you cannot prevent our countrymen from thinking that as long as they can profit, they can forego with their concern),” Sangil said.

“Four months is too long. Are we going to wait for the possibility of experiencing health problems in the two barangays due to the inconvenience and stress of their daily sufferings? Did ACWD officials ever experience living there and suffering the same fate?” the city councilor asked.



Other Articles on this Category
Powered by:
TeamSoft Web Solutions