Today's Punto
Today's Punto
Headlines
Mom dies from burns, 3 kids, dad injured
By Ernie B. Esconde

Dec 27, 2017

LIMAY, Bataan – A mother died from burns early morning of Tuesday while her three children and husband suffered burn injuries after the husband allegedly set their house here on fire on Christmas eve.

Eva Malinao said her younger sister Bevelyn Malinao, 29, died from severe burns at the Bataan General Hospital in Balanga City at 12:45 in the morning of Tuesday.

She said that also rushed to the same hospital on Sunday night were her three children aged 14, 9, and 4, and her live-in partner Jaworski Araneta, a tricycle driver.

The nine-year-old and 14-year-old only incurred minor burns and were released from the hospital but four-yearold Iniego JB Araneta and father Jaworski were still confined at the hospital for third degree burns.

“Sinalubong ng kapatid ko ang apoy para iligtas ang mga bata pero malakas ang apoy kaya nagpagulong- gulong siya sa daan upang maalis ang apoy sa katawan niya,” Eva said.

She said that before the fire, her sister and Jaworski had a spat inside the house that she and the couple share in renting.

The house is located at the upper portion of fishing Sitio Saay in Barangay St. Francis II here.

“Umalis na lamang ako para hindi lumala ang away namin pero ayaw ng asawa ko at sinabing ‘sisindihan ko ito’ na akala ko nagbibiro pero tinotoo pala,” Eva quoted her sister as saying.

Eva said her sister told her that husband at that time was holding a bottle of gasoline that he sells to tricycle drivers.

She said that they were not able to spare any belongings from the fire.

Allan Mendoza said he heard a daughter of Bevelyn saying that their house was on fire and that their father did it.

Mendoza said he saw Bevelyn near the wall of their house but that the fire was so strong.

"Nagsisisigaw siya dahil ang dalawang anak nasa loob ng bahay. Nakita ko nagpagulong- gulong ang babae sa daan. Malakas ang apoy na pabulusok sa mga bangka,” he said.

He said that husband and wife were drinking with a group inside the village.

“Nag-away pagdating sa bahay. Parang nagseselos ang lalaki sa kainuman ng babae,” Mendoza said.

Eva, however, said that her sister was not drinking liquor but only the husband being the Christmas party for tricycle drivers in the area.

Jaworski claimed that he thought that what was poured in the house by someone not him was only water and not gasoline.

He said that there was fire after he ignited his cigarette. Police said they are still investigating the incident.



Other Articles on this Category
Powered by:
TeamSoft Web Solutions