MABALACAT CITY – In an effort to bring the school closer to the students, a one hectare lot in Barangay Madapdap here was donated by a land owner and a private developer for the satellite extension of the Mabalacat City College (MCC) campus.
Right after the flag raising ceremony at the city hall here yesterday, Mayor Marino “Boking” Morales received a deed of donation for the lot from land owner Dr. Rolando Buan and Hausland Development Corp. president and CEO Wilfredo M. Tan.
Buan said the donation was in response to the call of Gov. Lilia “Nanay Baby” Pineda and Morales to bring the school closer to the students. He said he felt good in acceding to the call for corporate social responsibility.
The MCC is located in Barangay Tabun here which is far from the resettlement areas.
The one-hectare lot donation for the MCC satellite campus is right in the middle of the Madapdap Resettlement Center where about 7,000 families are relocated.
Tan said they will prepare the land area by constructing a fence around the property and road networks where the school building will be constructed. Morales said the city government will construct the two-storey, 10-classroom school building with a P10 million funding from the provincial government and a counterpart fund allocation of P10 million from the city government for a total of P20 million.
Atty. Christopher Ryan Tan, Hausland COO, said their company will develop a 27-hectare socialize housing project in the area. He said the first phase of the project will initially involve the development of half of the property.
Meanwhile, Morales lauded the support of the private sector in realizing the dream of an extension campus of the MCC. “Before it was only a dream, but because of these two men of substance, it is now a reality,” said Morales.
–with Mary Rose Enriques & Fatima Kristel Manarang/ SPCF OJT
- Ferdinand Marcos is alive, armed at Clark Freeport
Occupies Mabalacat City Hall annex
- DOH vaccinates 50% of 11-M kids vs. measles, 13-M vs. polio in 2 weeks
- Madlum River Tragedy
Patong-patong na kaso isinampa laban sa BulSU
- Million signatures for grassroots budgeting, ĎLenny Billí launched in Nueva Ecija
- Inclement weather fails to dampen Alay-Lakad
- Subicís NCT-2 now Manilaís extension port
- Govít urged to include forest dwellers in 4Ps
- DENR donates 21,845 tree seedlings to green Angeles
- 2014 Search for The Outstanding Young Men (Toym)
- SM launches Grow a Million Trees campaign
- Preps on for 17th Sinukwan Festival
- Gokongwei named Airline Tourism Personality of the Year