CITY OF SAN FERNANDO – “The people of the first district, especially Angeles City, are looking for new leaders.”
So declared Vice Gov. Joseller “Yeng” Guiao in an interview with Punto during the grand launch here of the Kapanalig at Kambilan Ning Memalen Pampanga (Kambilan) provincial political party on Monday.
“It’s like a dress, people want new clothes. It’s like food, they need new recipes,” said Guiao.
Guiao, three-term vice governor who is a native of Magalang town, said that former Congressman Francis “Blueboy” Nepomuceno and incumbent Rep. Carmelo “Tarzan” Lazatin had both lacked “transparency” in reporting their projects to the more than 500,000 residents of the province’s first district composed of this city, Mabalacat City and Magalang.
“I made rounds in the district and several people told me they needed to be informed more openly about government funded projects,” said Guiao, whose first district congressional bid is heavily backed by Mayors Edgardo Pamintuan of Angeles City and Marino Morales of Mabalacat City and Gov. Lilia Pineda.
“Of course, given a seat in the House, I will be most transparent, as I have always been in all my years in public service,” he added.
Guiao, who announced that he would file his certificate of candidacy on October 5, said the political tie-up of Lazatin and Nepomuceno ”had not surprised me and it was a likely possibility from the start.”
Lazatin will run for mayor against Pamintuan, while Nepomuceno will slug it out with Guiao for the congressional post.
Guiao stressed that “they (Lazatin and Nepomuceno) have their own style and agenda but I will concentrate on my own campaign and programs.”
Guiao said that among his priority programs will be the pushing of the Clark International Airport (CIA) as the next premiere gateway of the country.
- PGKM slams DOTC, renews call for full CIA devít
- Oca denies meddling in GGLC row
- Pending rice imports a final blow to typhoon-hit farmers
- DPWH assures school execs of overpass finish
- 300 modern fire trucks coming to towns next year
- 2 patay, 3 nawawala sa bagyong Mario
- Habagat strengthened by Luis, Mario robs Bataan fishermen of livelihood
- Pusher, 3 iba pa, huli sa drug ops
- Kin bares unknown episodes in lives of Aquinos during Martial Law years
- Northville-15 school receives 2 additional buildings
- EdPam does Lee Kuan Yew as city braces for APEC hosting