CITY OF SAN FERNANDO – “The people of the first district, especially Angeles City, are looking for new leaders.”
So declared Vice Gov. Joseller “Yeng” Guiao in an interview with Punto during the grand launch here of the Kapanalig at Kambilan Ning Memalen Pampanga (Kambilan) provincial political party on Monday.
“It’s like a dress, people want new clothes. It’s like food, they need new recipes,” said Guiao.
Guiao, three-term vice governor who is a native of Magalang town, said that former Congressman Francis “Blueboy” Nepomuceno and incumbent Rep. Carmelo “Tarzan” Lazatin had both lacked “transparency” in reporting their projects to the more than 500,000 residents of the province’s first district composed of this city, Mabalacat City and Magalang.
“I made rounds in the district and several people told me they needed to be informed more openly about government funded projects,” said Guiao, whose first district congressional bid is heavily backed by Mayors Edgardo Pamintuan of Angeles City and Marino Morales of Mabalacat City and Gov. Lilia Pineda.
“Of course, given a seat in the House, I will be most transparent, as I have always been in all my years in public service,” he added.
Guiao, who announced that he would file his certificate of candidacy on October 5, said the political tie-up of Lazatin and Nepomuceno ”had not surprised me and it was a likely possibility from the start.”
Lazatin will run for mayor against Pamintuan, while Nepomuceno will slug it out with Guiao for the congressional post.
Guiao stressed that “they (Lazatin and Nepomuceno) have their own style and agenda but I will concentrate on my own campaign and programs.”
Guiao said that among his priority programs will be the pushing of the Clark International Airport (CIA) as the next premiere gateway of the country.
- Mother of slain woman in Mabalacat tags mayor
- Angry mob assaults Paniqui town hall, flushes out ‘mayor’
- City dads urge opening of Dau gate, construction of Clark perimeter road
- Congress urged to pass genuine land reform bill
- Cibac-LP coalition to support PNoy’s choices in 2016
- Capitol distributes another 100 units of brand new service vans
- Abducted teenaged girl found burned in Bataan
- Tarlac CIDG nabs top drug pusher, gang leader
- Driver patay, pahinante malubha sa aksidente
- Carnapper huli sa SBMA
- National furniture, wood carving competition set in Betis
- Tanjuatco urges declaration of Clark as premiere international gateway under dual airport system