Tarlac PPO director Sr. Supt. Corpus and Hon Ermie Lagman Garon, Global Workers and Family Federation Inc. national president hand over the Plaque of Recognition to Capas Mayor Antonio "TJ" Rodriguez.
Photo by George Hubierna
CAMP MACABULOS, Tarlac City—The Tarlac Police Provincial Office (TPPO) on Thursday capped the Police Community Relation (PCR) Month celebration here with the theme “Mamamayan at Kapulisan: Patuloy ang Ugnayan sa Higit na Ligtas, Mapayapa at Maunlad na Pamayanan.”
Senior Supt. Alfred Sotto Corpus, TPPO director, welcomed all the guests and participants to the event led by Ermie Lagman Garon, the national president of the Global Workers and Family Federation, Inc. Garon is a known to advocate of anti-human trafficking and illegal recruitment.
Garon initiated the involvement of the grassroots level like the barangay officials in spearheading the campaign and the dissemination of information against the human traffickers and illegal recruiters in the place.
During the event, awards were given to three municipal police stations as well as deserving PCR personnel, namely Concepcion Police Station as Best PCR MPS-Type A Category, Moncada PS for Type B and Pura PS for Type C while SPO1 Liza R. Calugay was chosen as PCRB’s Best Police Non-Commissioned Officer of the year.
Aside from the police force, the occasion was attended by selected local government officials who were recognized by the command and were given special awards for being supportive to the advocacy of the TPPO like City Administrator Ruben Santos representing Tarlac City Mayor Ace Manalang, Municipal Mayors Antonio “TJ” Rodriguez of Capas, Leonardo “Ding” Anunciacion of Bamban and Iluminada Pobre of Mayantoc town.
TPPO also gave recognition to groups and individuals who have been consistent partners of the command like Lt. Col. Ernesto C. Torres of 3rd Mechanized Infantry Battalion and Ma. Victoria Lim as Most Supportive Individuals, Chamber of Commerce of Camiling, Tarlac as Most Supportive NGO and Barangay Ungot, Tarlac City as Most Supportive Barangay.
By George Hubierna
- Kamag-anak Inc. at Clark?
Hand of PNoy’s uncle seen in movements within CIAC
- Clark stakeholders growing impatient with new CIAC prexy
- Class suit mulled vs. DPWH, contractor
- P7.6-M ‘crazy’ investment to rise along Clark main road
- Gov’t mulls rationing prime goods to farming families threatened by El Niño
- Purok lider huli sa baril
- No. 10 Most Wanted arestado
- Binay distributes wheelchairs, inaugurates seniors’ centers
- Mayor’s in-law collared for illegal guns, ammo
- SBMA to consult stakeholders on growing port traffic
- Ghost hunting season looms at Clark Freeport
- Premier Kapampangan sculptor crafts images for Pope Francis’ visit